|Essay Competition for College Students |
9/1/2006 - The Council of Educators in Polonia, Illinois' oldest educational non-for-profit organization, announces essay competitin for future teachers.
$1,000 prize will be awarded to a winner at a junior or senior college/university leve. The Ted Przybylo Award of $500 will be given to a winner at the graduate level.
The Award Ceremony will take place during the Polish American Heritage Month celebration at Northwestern Illinois University on Friday October 20, 2006.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
1. Applicants must submit a 1000-1500 word essay in English on the subject "What does Being a Polish American Mean to Me??
2. Applicants must be U.S. citizens of Polish heritage or documented legal aliens of Polish heritage.
3. Applicants for the $1000 Award must be juniors or seniors attending accredited colleges/universities full time, have good academic standing (G.P.A. 3.0/4.0), and have declared the field of education as a career choice.
4. Applicants for the Ted Przybylo Award must be graduate students attending accredited college/universities full time, have good academic standing (G.P.A. 3.0/4.0), and have declared the field of education as a career choice.
5. Applicants must submit the essay along with a 3"x5" card containing the following required information:
Address and Zip Code
Phone Number and E-mail Address, if available
6. This required information along with the essay should be sent to:
CEP Scholarship Committee
c/o Czeslawa Kolak
6948 North Medford Avenue
Chicago, IL 60646
7. Finalists must attend a scheduled interview upon request and submit an official college/university transacript
8. Deadline: October 10, 2006
9. Essays will not be returned. The winning essays may be published in local nespapers and Polish/Polish American publications.