Joseph E. Gore, Esq. 212-734-2130
Thomas J. Pniewski
||Nowy Jork - Pólnoc
|Rok Założenia Organizaci:
||Zrzeszony, bez dochodowy
|Status Podatkowy Prawny:
||501c3 - Dla celów religijnych, charytatywnych, naukowych, oświatowych lub naukowych
Deklaracja Celu Organizacji:
The Kosciuszko Foundation is dedicated to promoting educational and cultural exchanges between the United States and Poland and to increasing American understanding of Polish culture and history.
Founded in 1925, on the eve of the 150th anniversary of Thaddeus Kosciuszko's enlistment in the American revolutionary cause, the Foundation is a national not-for-profit, nonpartisan, and nonsectarian organization.
The Foundation's work reaches audiences throughout the United States, through its headquarters in New York City and its regional Chapters in Chicago, Denver (Rocky Mountain), Houston (Texas), Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Springfield (New England), Buffalo (Western New York), as well as through its National Advisory Council.
The Foundation achieves its objectives through a wide range of programs which include:
*Scholarships to Americans of Polish descent;
*Scholarships to those pursuing Polish Studies;
*Year Abroad, Graduate and Post Graduate research programs in Poland;
*Exchange Programs for Polish scholars, academics, and professionals in the U.S.;
*Summer Sessions in Poland and Rome in language and culture;
*Teaching English in Poland Program;
*Polish Studies Programs at various U.S. universities and colleges;
*Chopin Piano Competition;
*Lectures, exhibits, films, and concerts presented throughout the U.S.;
*Chamber Music Series broadcast from our gallery on WQXR-FM, the radio station of The New York Times
|Główne Kryteria do Przyjęcia w Poczet Członków:
||Popieranie celow organizacji
|Dodatkowe Kryteria do Przyjęcia w Poczet Członków:||The Kosciuszko Foundation is a membership organization which is supported by contributions from foundations, corporations and individuals who share in the Foundation's mission of fostering relations and understanding between the United States and Poland. Enroll at one of the following Levels: |
Founder/Corporate Member $5,000; Chairman's Club Member $2,500; President's Club Member $1,000; Donor Member $500; Friends' Circle Member $250; Sustaining Member $100; Diamond Jubilee Member $75; Full Member $50; Associate Member $30
||Osoby i organizacje
||15 E. 65th Street
New York, NY 10021
|Oferuje Pomoc Finansową:
Powtarzające Się Wybrane Imprezy:
Annual Dinner and Ball at the Waldorf=Astoria in New York City - each year, last Saturday of April
Chamber Music Series - each year, Fall & Spring
Major concert at Carnegie Hall - past two years
Programy i Usługi:
* $339,000 in tuition scholarships was awarded to Americans and Polish Americans for furthering their studies in the United States and in Poland during the 1999-2000 academic year.
* 14 awards were granted for graduate and post-doctoral studies and research to be conducted throughout Poland.
* 12 students have received scholarships for the Year Abroad Program.
* Close to $600,000 in fellowships & grants has been disbursed to Polish scholars coming to the United States for various research and study programs, and in fellowships for Polish professors to teach in Polish Studies Programs at various American universities.
* The KF awarded travel grants to many American and Polish scholars and scientists for the purpose of attending international conferences in Poland and the United States.
* 166 participants studied Polish language, art and history during the Summer Sessions Programs in Poland and Rome, Italy.
* In conjunction with UNESCO of Poland and the Polish Ministry of Education, the Teaching English in Poland Program sponsored 66 certified American teachers and 48 teaching assistants who taught English to over 600 Polish elementary and high school students the English language at 6 school campuses in Poland during the summer of 1999.
* For 50 years the KF Chopin Piano Competition has awarded scholarship prizes to promising young pianists.
* Once again, over a million individuals heard the music of Polish composers and musicians performed in the Kosciuszko Foundation Chamber Music Series, the "On the Wings of Song" vocal series, and the WNYC Music Gallery Series.
* The KF supported numerous cultural programs as well as local chapter development and activities.
- Trustee - Dr. Irene S. Pyszkowski
- Trustee - Ewa Radwanska, M.D.
- Honorary Trustee - Dr. Zbigniew Brzezinski
- Honorary Trustee - Dr. Hilary Koprowski
- Honorary Trustee - Prof. Czeslaw Milosz
- Honorary Trustee - Maestro Krzysztof Penderecki
- Honorary Trustee - Andrzej Wajda
- Honorary Trustee - Boleslaw Wierzbianski
- Trustee Emeritus - Lt. Gen. Leo J. Dulacki, USMC (Ret)
- Trustee Emeritus - Frank N. Piasecki
- Trustee Emeritus - Dr. Eugene L. Slotkowski
- Nat. Advisory Council Member - Anna Banach-Aikin
- Nat. Advisory Council Member - John Bartus
- Nat. Advisory Council Member - Jadzia Barwick
- Nat. Advisory Council Member - Prof. Jan Bialasiewicz
- Nat. Advisory Council Member - Philip W. Cadieux
- Nat. Advisory Council Member - Alicja Danecka-Chwals
- Nat. Advisory Council Member - Eugenia Gore
- Nat. Advisory Council Member - Helen Grzywna
- Nat. Advisory Council Member - Dr. Witold Kawecki
- Nat. Advisory Council Member - Christine J. Kicinski, Esq.
- Nat. Advisory Council Member - Christine B. Kuskowski
- Nat. Advisory Council Member - Ronald S. Melnyk, Esq.
- Nat. Advisory Council Member - Peter J. Obst
- Nat. Advisory Council Member - Mark J. Peszko, Esq.
- Nat. Advisory Council Member - Hon. Michael F. Pietruszka
- Nat. Advisory Council Member - Charles P. Pydych
- Nat. Advisory Council Member - Cyrille Ann Rogacki
- Nat. Advisory Council Member - Mania Suski
- Chairman - Witold S. Sulimirski
- Honorary Chairman - Dr. Michael G. Sendzimir
- Vice Chairman - Dr. Thaddeus V. Gromada
- Vice Chairman - Christine J. McMullan, FIC
- Vice Chairman - William J. Nareski II
- Vice Chairman - Arri Sendzimir
- President and Executive Director - Joseph E. Gore, Esq.
- Treasurer - Henry C. Malon, Esq.
- Corporate Secretary - Wanda M. Senko
- Trustee - Adam M. Bak
- Trustee - Mark A. Chudzinski, Esq.
- Trustee - Maria J. Hagadus
- Trustee - Peter P. Makula
- Trustee - Hon. Ann T. Mikoll
- Trustee - Stanislaw A. Milewski, M.D.
- Trustee - Edward T. Mohylowski
- Trustee - Dr. Donald F. Mushalko
- Trustee - Lt. Gen. John M. Nowak, USAF (Ret)
- Nat. Advisory Council Member - Carolyn Topor
- Nat. Advisory Council Member - Andre Zlotnicki, AIA, AICP
- Trustee - Cynthia Rosicki
- Trustee - Dr. Henry Sikorski
- Trustee - Helen Mary M. Tyszka
- Trustee - Henry C. Walentowicz, Esq.
- Honorary Trustee - Dr. Magdalena Abakanowicz
- Honorary Trustee - Lt. Gen. Edward L. Rowny (RET)
- Nat. Advisory Council Member - Frances X. Gates
- Nat. Advisory Council Member - Dr. Joseph A. Kotarba
- Nat. Advisory Council Member - Dawn Polewac
- Nat. Advisory Council Member - Joanna Rudnicka
- Staff - Vice President - Maryla Janiak
- Staff - Vice President - Eva Zamkowska
- Staff - Dir. of Cultural Affairs - Thomas Pniewski
- Staff - Dir. of Development - Magdalena Wolinski
- Trustee Emeritus - Michael A. Wrotniak, Jr.
- Trustee Emeritus - Elaine Dobrowski
Dodatkowe Lokalizacje Biur:
Warsaw Office of the Kosciuszko Foundation, ul. Nowy Swiat 4, Room 118, Warsaw, 00-497, Poland
Contact: Agata Kwinto ()
Telefon: 01148226217067 Numer Faksu: Same
Ostatnio Uzupełnione: 12/18/2002
5/29/2003 - Samantha Britt Polewac, second from left, was one of the seven debutantes, shown here with her mother, Dawn Polewac, Chairman of the Debutante Council. West Point cadets escorted the debutantes.
|5/29/2003 - Samantha Britt Polewac, second from left, was one of the seven debutantes, shown here with her mother, Dawn Polewac, Chairman of the Debutante Council. West Point cadets escorted the debutantes.|
|5/29/2003 - Mildred Tyszka was Honorary Chairperson of the 2003 Ball, here escorted by KF Trustee Lt. Gen. John M. Nowack, USAF (Ret).|
|5/29/2003 - Jack Radgowski, who was presented with the Kosciuszko Foundation's Medal of Recognition by President Joseph E. Gore, speaks from the podium at the Waldorf-Astoria.|
|5/29/2003 - Wanda Senko, 2003 Debutante Patroness and KF Trustee, escorted by her husband John.|
|5/29/2003 - Bernadette and Richard Zawisny, Chairpersons of the 2003 Dinner and Ball.|
| Page 1 |
Przeszłe Imprezy i Kalendarz - 99 Rzeczy
Komunikaty Prasowe - 12 Rzeczy