|Polish Constitution Day Committee announces the Queen of the Polish Constitution Day Parade Contest |
2/25/2007 - February 1, 2007
Polish Constitution Day Committee announces the Queen of the Polish Constitution Day Parade Contest. The contest will take place on Friday, April 20, 2007 at 7:00 P.M. at the Jolly Inn Banquets, 6501 W. Irving Park, Chicago, IL 60634.
The candidate should:
• Be attractive, pleasant, and intelligent
• Be actively working to achieve set goals
• Be willing to pursue college education
• Be involved in the Polish-American community
• Be a high school senior, or freshman, sophomore, or junior in a college in Illinois
• Between the age of 18 – 22 years
• The prizes in the form of college scholarships will be awarded by independent judges:
o $ 2,000 for the Queen
o $ 1,500 for the First Runner up
o $ 1,000 for the Second Runner up
• The audience will have an opportunity to select their Favorite who will be
receiving an award.
• Previous winners as well as promoters’ and sponsors’ relatives are not
Please fill out the enclosed application and send it to the Alliance of Polish Clubs,
5835 W. Diversey Ave, Chicago, IL 60639, tel. 773-745-7799 by March 9, 2007.
Write on the envelope Queen of the Parade Contest. All candidates are required to enclose an official transcript and a picture. In the finals candidates will answer questions in the Polish language. Some questions will be about Poland and the Polish community in Chicago.
All qualifying young ladies are strongly encouraged to participate in the contest.
Lucja Mirowska-Kopec, Ed. D.
Polish Constitution Day Committee