|Information About the Organization|
Polish American Leadership Initiative (PALI)
Polsko-Amerykańska Inicjatywa Przywódcza
The Polish American Leadership Initiative
P.O. Box 06316
Wacker Drive Post Office
Chicago, IL 60606-6316
Margaret Zapalski (773) 761-7740
||Incorporated, Non Profit
|State of Incorporation:
|Tax Exempt Status:
||501c3 - Religious, charitable, scientific, literary or educational purposes
The mission of PALI is to enhance the participation of the Polish American community in the affairs of the greater community, to maximize its representation and influence at every level. PALI will be a resource to existing organizations and a catalyst for the empowerment of the Polish American community through initiatives promoting leadership, representation, community service and cultural heritage.
We are grateful to our members, supporters and friends who have enabled PALI to serve Greater Chicago’s Polonia during 2002:
* Achieving greater voter access for Polish-speakers in Chicago and Cook County *
* Establishing a free website (PolOrg.com) for Polish American organizations *
* Holding leadership forums to advance Polonia’s future in metro Chicago *
* Partnering with the City of Chicago to honor Ignacy Jan Paderewski *
* Promoting Polish American Heritage Month *
To learn more about our successful first year,
read PALI’s new electronic newsletter, e-Advance,
on the PALI website: www.palichicago.org
|Number of Members:
||5 to 12 times a year
|Primary Language at Meetings:
|Sources of Revenue:
Programs and Services:
PALI sponsors the Internet website PolOrg (www.polorg.com) An Information Resource of Polonia Organizations
PALI sponsors meetings on civic/community issues:
Leadership Forum Breakfast Series
in downtown Chicago:
Jan. 23, 2002, "Why Develop Polish-American Leadership"
March 13, 2002, "Developing Civic Leadership"
April 24, 2002, "Political Empowerment of Ethnic Communities"
May 29, 2002, "Media Communications as a Leadership Tool"
Nov. 26, 2002, "Thanksgiving Then & Now - the Immigrant Agenda"
June 10 & 11, 2002, "Introducing PolOrg.com"
Sept. 24, 2002, Annual Meeting, Awards and Presentation “Metropolitan Chicago in 2020 – the Challenges Ahead”
Dec. 3, 2002, preview screening of WTTW documentary "Polonia - the Story of Polish Chicago"
Jan. 23, 2003, special evening reception, program and exhibit at the Chicago Botanic Garden, "Chicago's Lakefront Millennium Park" and "In Search of Paradise"
Feb. 27, 2003, "Commemorating Polish American History"
April 28, 2003, "Poland's Tall Ships"
May 22, 2002, testimony before City of Chicago Board of Election Commissioners
Sept. 5, 2002, testimony before Cook County Clerk David Orr
Month of October - PALI promotes Polish Heritage Month events and biographical vignettes of the achievements of persons of Polish heritage in PolOrg.com and assists Chicago's major network TV stations in production of vignettes for public broadcast
Oct. 12, 2002, Dedication of Historic Marker Honoring Ignacy Jan Paderewski erected by City of Chicago in Wicker Park
Feb. 25, 2003, screening of WTTW video "Polonia: The Story of Polish Chicago"
March 15, 2003, conferring of Civic Leadership Awards on 44 elected Cook County officials of Polish heritage or supporting the Polish American community
April 6, 2003, All Polonia Inaugural Mass at Holy Trinity Polish Mission Church, celebrating the Episcopal consecration of Most. Rev. Thomas J. Paprocki, and his appointment as Liaison to the Polish American Community of Chicago
Officers and Directors:
- Board Member - Lucyna Migala
- Board Member - Wallace Ozog
- Board Member - Rev. Thomas Paprocki
- Chairman - Donald V. Versen
- Vice Chairman - Mitchell Wiet
- Secretary - Ania Domagala-Pierga
- Treasurer - Marian Skawski
- Board Member - Mark A. Chudzinski
- Board Member - Rev. Joseph Glab
- Board Member - Nancy Kaszak
- Board Member - Camille Kopielski
- Board Member - Christine Przybyla Long
- Board Member - Conrad Miczko
- Board Member - George Migala
- Board Member - Andrew Przybylo
- Board Member - Anna Zolkowski Sobor
- Board Member - Donald V. Versen
- Board Member - Mitchell Wiet
- Board Member - Thomas Pikarski
- Board Member - Karen Popowski
- Board Member - Jane Kulibaba
- Board Member - Thaddeus Makarewicz
- Board Member - Grazyna Maneykowska
- Board Member - Ania Domagala-Pierga
- Board Member - Marian Skawski
- President - Vacant TBD
- Board Member - Marian Skawski
- Board Member - Bogna Solak
- Board Member - Margaret Zapalski
Last Updated: 8/17/2005